Wednesday, November 18, 2009 at 8:08 pm — admin
Breast Cancer Death Rate Continues to Drop
Monday, November 16, 2009 at 6:56 pm — admin
The CDC's latest study on STDs found:
* 1.2 million cases of chlamydia were reported in 2008, up from 1.1 million in 2007.
* Nearly 337,000 cases of gonorrhea were reported.
* Adolescent girls 15 to 19 years had the most chlamydia and gonorrhea cases of any age group at 409,531.
* Blacks, who represent 12 percent of the U.S. population, accounted for about 71 percent of reported gonorrhea cases and almost half of all chlamydia and syphilis cases in 2008.
* Black women 15 to 19 had the highest rates of chlamydia and gonorrhea.
Wednesday, November 11, 2009 at 8:24 pm — admin
Women and Surgery Mix Quite Well !
Thursday, November 5, 2009 at 6:03 pm — admin
More primary care physicians have closed their practices to new patients, continuing a trend from prior years.
The percentage of family medicine physicians who are no longer accepting new patients has increased over the past three years from 30 percent in 2007 to 40 percent in 2009. 40%!
The percentage of internal medicine physicians no longer accepting new patients has also increased, from 49 percent in 2007 to 56 percent in 2009. 56%!
Tuesday, September 29, 2009 at 7:23 pm — admin
Stay-at-Home Moms are More Likely Younger, Hispanic and Foreign-Born Than Other Mothers
A new report released by the U.S. Census Bureau finds that the 5.6
Monday, September 14, 2009 at 4:55 pm — admin
Age at sexual debut varies by sex, race, and ethnicity.
Thursday, August 20, 2009 at 8:53 pm — admin
From the CDC:
• For black males, life expectancy reached a record 70 years.
• In the past decade, overall life expectancy increased by 1.4 years.
Thursday, August 6, 2009 at 12:46 pm — admin
Pregnancy, STIs on the Rise Again Among U.S. Teens
• In 2004, there were about 745,000 pregnancies among females younger than age 20. This included an estimated 16,000 pregnancies among girls aged 10 to 14.